The flag of the city of Verkhnedvinsk and Verkhnedvinsk district was approved by Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 86 of February 28, 2011. It is a rectangular yellow banner with an aspect ratio of 1:2, in the center of the obverse of which is the image of the coat of arms of the city of Verkhnedvinsk. In the lower part of the banner, below the coat of arms, there are three horizontal stripes of blue, yellow, and blue colors, arranged from top to bottom, constituting one-twentieth, one-twentieth, and one-tenth of the banner's width, respectively.

Coat of Arms of Verkhnedvinsk

The coat of arms was registered in the Heraldic Register of the Republic of Belarus on July 26, 2002, No. 94. It depicts a horseman in steel armor with a raised sword in his right hand and an oval red shield with the image of a silver "patriarchal" cross in his left, on a golden field of a French shield. The horse is covered with a blue three-pointed saddlecloth. It was first established by Decree of Catherine II of September 21, 1781, as one of the coats of arms of the Polotsk Viceroyalty.

The modern heraldic symbol of the city of Verkhnedvinsk differs from the historical coat of arms of the city of Drissa by the absence of the emerging double-headed State Eagle of the Russian Empire and the imperial crown in its upper part. The armed horseman with a sword and shield on a golden field on the Drissa coat of arms repeated the image depicted on the coat of arms of Polotsk, which was approved by the same decree of the empress.

Coat of Arms of the urban settlement of Osviya, Verkhnedvinsk district

The coat of arms was established by Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus dated January 20, 2006 No. 36. It depicts a red bend on a silver Spanish shield with three silver leaves.

The true flourishing of Osvia began in 1749, when its owner became the Minsk Voivode Jan August Hylzen (1744-1754). He built the famous palace, the church, laid out a park, and invited Sisters of Mercy, who founded a monastic hospital here.

The building of the former Osvia Hospital has survived to this day and is one of the oldest architectural monuments in the region. The family coat of arms of J. Hylzen, which is of historical value, has been adapted to modern conditions.

The silver color of the field is the color of the ancient past of the urban settlement of Osvia, which is over 500 years old. The red color of the bend symbolizes the courage, resilience, and suffering of the inhabitants of Osvia, who have endured more than one invasion of enemies throughout their centuries-old history and showed unbending courage during the Great Patriotic War. The leaves on the bend are associated with laurel leaves and are a symbol of the wisdom, greatness, and glory of the people living on the Osvia land. Therefore, the coat of arms, created on the basis of the family coat of arms of J. Hylzen, is a kind of link between the past and the future, between ancestors and descendants.

The author of the coat of arms and artist is V.I. Schastny.

Heraldry